|Prep: 15 min Cook: 30-40 min. Temp: 375 degrees F|
- a few of your favorite fresh veggies
Here's what you need:
( purple cabbage, carrots, onion, brussel sprouts, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower...)
- extra virgin olive oil
- choice of seasonings
- plastic gallon storage bag
- shallow baking sheet (I use a jelly roll pan)
1. Cover a shallow baking sheet with foil, preheat the oven to 375.
2. Select your veggies and chop into bite-sized pieces. For example, cut brussel sprouts in 1/2, cut a small onion into 8 chunks, and use baby carrots just the way they are!
2. Throw it all into a gallon storage bag. Fill the bag to 1/2 to 3/4 full.
3. In a measuring cup pour in 1/4 to 1/3 cup of oil depending on how full you fill the bag. Stir in approximately 2-3 Tablespoons seasonings into the oil. (I like to use different combinations of Montreal Steak, garlic powder, pepper, salt... just whatever you prefer. Get creative! It's hard to go wrong. 😉)
4. Pour the oil & seasoning mixture into the bag, seal well, turning the bag over & over to completely coat the veggies inside.
5. Pour the mixture onto the foil-covered baking sheet and slide into the oven! I like them to cook until they have slightly crispy, caramelized edges... generally 30-40 minutes.
---> Our favorite veggies cooked this way are the brussel sprouts!! Hard to believe, but try 'em and see for yourself... please comment & share what your favorites are. 👍😋